Retirement – the long-sought-after golden nirvana, the reward for your years of hard work and efforts throughout your working career. Everyone strives for it, and we spend a lot of energy as a society to imagine it and build a system we believe will support the idea.
So you’re nearing your retirement. Over the years, as you planned and saved for your retirement, your financial plan and retirement advisor may have changed along the way. A retirement advisor, or Wealth Strategist, can support you during all stages of your retirement planning.
You’ve saved your money for retirement and now you need to begin withdrawing your funds. There can be many different sources of your retirement income. Essentially, there are three pillars that can make up your retirement income:
It’s never too early or too late to develop a plan and never too late to start the conversation.
Retirement is a significant life event and requires pre and post counselling and planning to be effective and rewarding. Although important, it’s not all about the money. Thoughts and discussions around how you are going to spend your time are just as important.
- What activities will fill your days?
- How will you keep healthy mentally, physically, and financially?
- How will your plan tie in with your spouse’s?
- How will it tie in you’re your estate objectives?
- How much money do you need?
- What kind of income are you really going to need, and for how long?
- Does your current investment strategy support what you are striving for?
- Is the money going to the right type of accounts and the right type of investments?
Millions of dollars are spent every year to advertise and suggest what retirement looks like. But what does it really look like? Most importantly, what does it look like for you? Have you planned for it? What are you going to fill your days in retirement with? Where are you going to do this? And with whom?
To answer these deep questions, you need to start with a plan; you may have heard of retirement planning, but what does that really mean?
Retirement Planning Team
Let's plot your retirement path tomorrow.
Get in touch today to see how we can help you plan your future.