Financial Accountant – Part-Time
Sagium is in search of a Financial Accountant on a part time basis. As an established professional in the industry, you bring a core base of accounting knowledge in addition to strong bookkeeping skills. As the successful candidate, you will collaborate to engage and assist various departments to add value through adherence to policies and reporting standards. You are abreast of technological changes in financial accounting and industry regulations, that when coupled with your commitment to excellence, makes you a valuable team player. You are looking for a company whose corporate values reflect your own, with growth potential, flexibility and a family-like culture.
- Enter all transactions and accruals into the accounting system to ensure accurate bookkeeping
- Conduct monthly reconciliations of expenses and bank accounts
- Monthly revenue calculations, tracking and reconciliations
- Pay & issue invoices to suppliers and customers in a timely matter
- Calculation of GST filings & remittances on a monthly basis
- Issue monthly financial records for the management team
- Ensures financial compliance with regulatory bodies
- Collaborate with the Sr. Financial Accountant to ensure financial efficiency and cost-effective management of resources
- Coordinate internal and external audit workflows and deliverables
- Provide information to external accountants for the creation of financial statements
- Assist with tax document preparation
Behaviours, Skills, and Competencies
- 5-7 years’ full-cycle accounting experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, with a specialty in Finance or Accounting
- Chartered Professional Accounting designation is an asset (CPA, CA, CMA)
- Strong understanding of month end reporting procedures
- Team player with strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks Accounting Software
To learn more or apply for this role, please send a resumé by email to email@example.com. Posting will be open until a suitable candidate is found. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Sagium is an independent private wealth and financial planning firm based in Calgary, Alberta. Our clients are high net worth individuals & families, professionals, executives and business owners.